Thursday 7 October 2010

A Soupcon Of Success

Despite loving the stuff, I have always been reputedly bad at making soup. But it would seem my luck has changed. Yesterday I made sweet potato and carrot soup and it, even though I say it myself, was delicious and went down a treat with the girls:
 The recipe was:
  1. Fry  half an onion finely sliced with 2 cloves of crushed garlic (I adore garlic so I used 4 but that's just me) in butter for 5 minutes or until very soft.
  2. Add a chopped sweet potato and a chopped carrot (approx 1cm cubes) and cover with chicken stock. Sprinkle some cumin in.
  3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and mushy, top up with water if necessary.
  4. Blend, stir in milk and a sprinkle of black pepper. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment