Monday 17 October 2011

I Ain't Got Nothing But the Blues

Well, that's a lie. But I am finding things especially tough this year. My research project is just eating through my time like nothing else. I start most days at 8, and other than nipping to lectures, finish at 6. It is getting frustrating as I'm aware of so many people who haven't even started yet, or who share my lab and just seem to have a day a week. Combine this with the reading required for the new completely skeletal style of lectures (not a criticism, that's just 3rd year), trying to run a club, foolishly signing up for several other clubs and trying to have a social life and I'm left with the feeling that I'm treading water, and that soon I'm about to sink. Naturally the first thing to go is my housekeeping. My laundry pile is as big as this and, I must confess, has led me to attend Uni in my pyjamas under the premise of 'Oh it's they're just my yoga kit' until my supervisor commented on just how much yoga I was doing recently:
 And my fridge is woefully devoid of anything other than long life fats:
It's time for me to seize control and the trip home really helped me me get my mojo for it back. Mr Sainsbury's has come and thankfully morphed my fridge shelf into this delight:

 And 8 loads of laundry later have magicked that monstrosity into a wardrobe full of clothes.
Well it's funny how much of a difference a fridge full of preplanned meals, a wardrobe full of fresh clothes and a tidy bedroom can make to your outlook. Now I just need to find a way of permenantly incorporating them into my juggling act and it'll be fine.
I fear that I may drop a few metaphorical balls along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment