Monday 26 December 2011

The Boxing Day Walk

After the cooping up Christmas Day induced there was a real longing from all of us to go out and get some air and feel some space. We went to the beach, normally it's so special and huge and calming, but on Boxing Day it was just missing something. There were too many people. Far too many, nothing felt private or intimate any more, it's just impossible to convene with nature when brawling laughter meets you. I don't know why they bothered me when everyone was so happy. It was a beach full of love but I guess I was just craving peace. Even the beauty of the environment was lost in the grey of the sky reflected in the grey of the water. It could have felt like an incredible wilderness but with so many people, other than the beautiful clear air, there was nothing to stop it from feeling like another grey city centre full of rushing last minute shoppers. I did get some nice pictures though but in future if I want peace I think I'll head for the hills.


No comments:

Post a Comment