Saturday 8 January 2011

General Practice

It's an idea that's been knocking around in my head ever since I was a child but one that never quite came to fruition. But, it is also an idea that won't go away. So I began my new year as I intended to go on. Trying. Making a conserted effort. This began with a week of work experience at a G.P. surgery. Never have I been more in love with an occupation. I was incredibly lucky to be with such a fantastic doctor, I have never come across someone who is so meticulous, so dedicated and so thorough. The hours flew by. Every patient was different, not necessarily in thier illness but in the way it could manifest in each individual. I loved the role that was played in the community and the treatment of a family unit as a whole. If there was ever a niche for me, this is it. So rather than sitting on the blog, writing about how lovely this could be, I'm off to read my physiology book!

The picture is my attempt at minor wart surgery, on Mr. Bloggs, the satsuma.

No comments:

Post a Comment