Sunday 16 January 2011

Two

It seems like only last week that we were with her as she turned one.
I don't know whether it's becuase mine is so big, but I have always loved the concept of family. I like watching how they all work and how different familes live. I love the little units within slightly bigger units that keep stacking up like Russian Dolls. And soppy as it sounds I adore the mutual love, repsect and support we all have for each other. It's a haven of solidarity in a modern world that so often feels like its crumbling at the seams.
It's impossible not to feel the infectious happiness of a brand new family drunk on the possibilities of life.
And to see the pride in a mother who has nourished and guided her tiny ward through another year.
I also love the tiny intricacies of  everyday family  life that can be captured when we all get togther
That unsure cuddle with the boy.
The catching up over a nappy change.
The excitment of birthday candles
The thrill of playing with a big girl.
The peace of story.
And the calm of a sleeping baby amidst the meandering grown up chit chat of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment