Thursday 24 May 2012

Day 4

A more productive day today. Leah came back to the house and I was finally motivated enough to start cleaning in preparation for our party. Leah and I worked really hard cleaning the house literally top to bottom, as having been ignored for 2 months throughout our finals it was a whole new level of grimy! The whole day was baking hot but although it made it sticky there's something far less depressing about cleaning a house full of sunshine which has all the windows and doors thrown open to tempt in a non existent breeze than a dark and grey one. It just feels more life like and gives you more energy.


After our cleaning marathon we were completely knackered but I still wanted to have some fun so, although I'd been hoping that someone would join me and no one said they would, I cracked the brand new slip and slide out in preparation for our party. I'd been itching to try it for ages so it was lovely to have a go. Having been so hot all day Leah was then tempted by our brand new packet of water bombs so it wasn't long before we were frolicking away in the garden. Charlie and Sheree came out and we ordered a massive amount of Chinese take away to eat (no way were we making that kitchen dirty again!) and I sat on a towel on the living room floor as we ate. 


After dinner I had a big water fight with Leah using loads of our water bombs and then just whatever plastic bits we could grab from the kitchen! We even managed to tempt Sheree out despite her cries of 'I can't play I'm black!' (She didn't want to get her hair wet and have to sort it out again) but after copious amounts of clingfilm and a shower cap she was down for a water fight if we promised no head shots. It was a really lovely way to spend an evening, even more so plopping into clean sheets after showering off all the crime and water of the day.









No comments:

Post a Comment