Friday 25 May 2012

Day 5

Party day!! About this time last year Leah and I, well I but I think I persuaded Leah sufficiently, decided that it'd be really cool to have a big house party for our birthdays but at that point had left it too late and so we decided to wait until our 21st's this year. My birthday isn't actually for 2 months but it still seemed the most sensible time to do it now. In the morning we headed off to Tesco's to get our supplies - paddling pool, jelly, gummy sweets, crisps and banners and then came home to make copious amounts of alcoholic jelly. We seemed to have the most random selection of alcohol left after the two years so decided to use this all up in our vodka jellies so our flavours were: rasperry and peach schnapps, lime and apple vodka and raspberry and creme de framboise (posh huh?!). We also made drunken gummy sweets but we only had apple vodka for this and I'll just say that the flavours definitely didn't merge well!

We got the garden ready with our new paddling pool but in a fit of protectiveness I had locked the new space hoppers up in the shed (it had been left unlocked last time) the night before only to discover that we'd lost the key a very long time ago. I found my Dad's screwdriver and we proceeded to rescue them by taking the door off and replacing it when we were done - something not to mention to our landlord! Leah then made us a freezer left over dinner of prawns and chips whilst I filled the 200 water balloons which we'd purchased. Once we'd eaten I went up to get sorted and Leah and Charlie's friends who were coming a long way arrived.

The party was quite relaxed to begin with, with the others pre-drinking and arriving later but it was really good to catch up with the friends who I hadn't seen for a while. It was a really perfect party in terms of being exactly what I wanted. It was really busy but not so full that it was unpleasant. I knew everyone there which not only made it so much fun but also meant that I didn't have any concerns about our stuff getting ruined but mainly it was fun because we did exactly what we wanted. I wanted to slip and slide at my party whilst dancing to 90s music and dammit I did. And yes I danced around to Five in my towel afterwards and had crazy hair and smudged make up for the whole evening, but did I care?? Hell no! It was such a perfect evening, I think the highlight probably was Mario's drag act to Poor Unfortunate Souls from the little mermaid but it was just perfect.



















No comments:

Post a Comment