Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 2

Mario drying off in the sun after I so cruelly soaked him - and made him go round twice.

I was a bit tired and hungover from our foray to the pub the night before and so my plans of getting to Thorpe Park at opening time were slightly scuppered. I woke up at 8.15 feeling like death and decided that it was a no go day and we were retiring back to bed. But by 8.30 with a little dose and lots of water the world seemed a decidedly brighter place and I merrily rang Mario to wake him from his slumber and rouse him to the Thorpe Park Fun Bus. However, this was forgetting that the night before I had promised that our earlier plans of park opening arrival had been updated to a post-pub we'll get there for 11 plan, and thus I was met with an extremely affronted creature who quelled my cries of 'but I'm so excited' with 'well I'm tired so we cancel each other out, we're going later!'. We did eventually get going and had a lovely day. It was particularly fun taking him round where he hadn't been and I knew the park so well. This was particularly fun when I told him that 'Loggers' Leap' was a gentle and scenic boat ride and he got soaked on both the dips. Similarly his reaction to 'X no way out' going backwards was suitably surprised. The weather was great so I was really glad we choose that day and my new sundress meant that I had a lovely tan but was maybe a poor decision with some of the blowier rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment